- Globeman21 in varying forms was part of the global RTD program
Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (IMS)
program from the very beginning.
- Globeman21 was one of 6 IMS "test cases" in Mar93-Feb94,
continued in "transition stage" in 1995-96 and
became part of "full scale" IMS in Mar96-Mar99.
- The EU proposal was submitted to EC in Jun97.
Funding under Esprit4 grant 26509 covered period Dec97-Nov99 (funding in various regions was not fully synchronised)
- Major events:
- A number of partners continue collaboration in Globemen project Jan99-Jan02.
- Key issues:
- Product life-cycle; Remote support; Strategy /planning /design; Extended enterprise; Corporate technical memory
- Enterprise modelling, transformation and management; Co-operative use of ICT; Decision making.
- Human and organisational factors; Applications and models; Integrated product management; Configuration of products and manufacturing processes.
- Vision & mission:
- Globally integrated manufacturing across time and space.
- Build the business processes of the future.
- New paradigms, models and methods for the emerging global manufacturing environment;
- Tests in several industrial pilots.
- Technical approach:
- WP1. Global manufacturing concept
- WP2. Demonstrator
- WP3. Product life-cycle pilots
- WP4. Extended enterprise mgt pilots
- WP5. Dissemination & exploitation
- WP6. Project management
- VTT focus areas: